The employee handbook is an employer’s first line of defense in matters ranging from unemployment claims proceedings to vacation accrual and disciplinary policies and actions. As a result, it is critical that employers have a clear employee handbook that sets proper expectations for employees regarding their working conditions.
By implementing an employee handbook, The Parzivand Law Firm can help you achieve the following benefits:
- Clearly communicate with managers and employees regarding policy implementation.
- Establish that employees are at-will unless specifically designated otherwise.
- Clarify vacation and leave policies for all employees.
- Establish disciplinary procedures and communicate expectations to employees.
- Ensure that employees are informed regarding how to report harassment to supervisors.
- Define expected work hours.
- Reduce unemployment insurance taxes.
- Establish proper timekeeping procedures and responsibilities.
- Prohibit illegal deductions from employee pay.